The following are the RULES for RUNNER SUPPORT CREW access to both BIG MOUNTAIN and LAMB’S CANYON Aid Stations.
- All runner crew support vehicles must display the official race parking pass on the windshield to the aid station parking personnel to enter both the Big Mountain and Lamb’s Canyon aid stations. Access to both aid stations is only available for one (1) crew vehicle per runner.
- Each separate parking pass is obtained from the race official located at the race staging area at the upper pavilion in the George Washington Park (the entire Park has been reserved for support crews, family and friends on race day). Directions to Washington Park: Take Exit 134 (East Canyon) on I-80 Eastbound, turn left, go under freeway to frontage road. Turn right (east) and follow frontage road all the way up past Mountain Dell Golf Course. At the top of the road make a left (north) down into the park. The park has 2 separate areas (upper and lower) each with a pavilion, combined 27 tables, 10 BBQ’s, playgrounds, bathrooms and large grass areas for gathering of crews, friends and family, play, food and relaxing. Approximate drive time from George Washington Park to Big Mountain Aid Station is 15 minutes and approximate drive time to Lamb’s Canyon Aid Station is 5 minutes.
- Parking passes are issued at George Washington Park to: (a) crews going to Big Mountain Aid Station when their runner has reached the Swallow Rocks Aid Station and (b) then again at the park to crews going to the Lamb’s Canyon Aid Station one-half hour after their runners has reached the Alexander Ridge Aid Station. Big Mountain and Lamb’s Canyon have separate parking passes.
- (a) Big Mountain Aid Station: Crew vehicles must park in the area as directed by the aid station personnel. Parking will not be allowed on the Big Mountain pass highway. (b) Lamb’s Canyon Aid Station: Crew vehicles will be required to travel up the frontage road (east) from the Lamb’s Canyon aid station to the designated turnaround spot approximately one half mile from the aid station and then head back (west) toward the aid station, parking along the north side of the frontage road facing the aid station. Crews will then walk to the aid station to greet and aid their runner. No crew vehicles may park anywhere in the area of the Lamb’s Canyon Exit or aid station except in the designated crew parking area along the frontage road.
- Runner crew vehicles must vacate the aid station parking area within 15 minutes after their runner departs each aid station
- All pacers should travel to the aid station in the runner’s support crew vehicle. If a runner has no support crew the pacer must bring a driver to remove the vehicle from the designated aid station parking area.
IT IS CRITICAL TO THE RACE THAT THESE AID STATIONS REMAIN AVAILABLE IN FUTURE YEARS SO PLEASE TAKE TIME TO EDUCATE YOUR PACERS, CREW, FAMILY AND FRIENDS. OUR PERMIT WITH THE UTAH DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION AND THE UTAH HIGHWAY PATROL REQUIRES THESE RULES BE FOLLOWED. ANY VIOLATION WILL REQUIRE US TO CONTACT THE HIGHWAY PATROL FOR ENFORCEMENT.