The application period for the 2013 Wasatch 100 is 12/1/12 through 1/6/13. All those applying, including “Automatic Qualifiers” must fill out and submit their online application during this time frame. Fees must be sent by regular mail and postmarked no later than 1/7/13.. Applications from Automatic Qualifiers will not be part of the drawing in Feburary.
The public drawing will be held at during the first Saturday of February to draw names of potential 2013 Wasatch 100 Mile participants. The location and time will announced when available.
1) All previous winners (male and female) of the Wasatch Front 100 Mile Endurance Run.
2) Any applicant who has finished the Wasatch Front 100 Mile Endurance Run six or more times.
The race committee reserves the right to select and admit 5 at large runners in addition to those chosen in the drawing.
A) No one will be exempted from paying application fees.
B) No one will be exempted from performing trail work.
C) All applications are non-transferable.
D) No group payments....there must be a fee payment form and check for each runner.
E) Race numbers will be randomly assigned and no one will be granted a request for a particular number.
F) Names of those selected will be posted on www.wasatch100.com after the runner selection meeting.
G) Additional chances for selection will be based on the following criteria:
1) Runners not selected the previous year – one additional opportunity for selection.
2) Runners who have volunteered at Wasatch Front 100 Mile Endurance Run aid stations and/or have assisted the race committee for a minimum of three years – a one time additional opportunity for selection for each three years volunteered.
GRAND SLAM RESTRICTED ENTRY PROVISION
If you indicated on your application you are planning on running the grand slam, and your name is not drawn during our runner selection process in February, the race committee will hold your application and entry fee.
You will be allowed to run the 2013 Wasatch 100 if you satisfy the following requirements:
1) Grand Slam hopefuls must apply for the Wasatch Front 100 Mile Endurance Run in a timely manner as do all other entrants. Applications not submitted and fees not postmarked during the specified application period will be returned to sender.
2) You must also apply to the Grand Slam through Steve Baugh in a timely manner.
3) You must successfully complete the first three races in the grand slam.
4) Your completed trail work form for the Wasatch 100 must be postmarked no later than the August 15th deadline.
If you do not satisfy all of these conditions your application will be denied and your entry fee check will be shredded.